Thursday, June 16, 2011

Poor Man's CrabCakes

I harvested 2 Fordhook zucchini and 3 straightneck summer squash out of the garden and there are a lot more that will be ready in the next day or two.I'm going to use the zucc's to make some Poor Man's CrabCakes,which are one of my favorites,you can also use the summer squash if you wanted..


Here's the recipe

2 cups of grated zucchini
2 eggs
1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1 tbl spoon of mayonaise
1tabl spoon of Old Bay seasoning
1 tabl spoon of grated onions

1st -grate the zucchini' peel and all,I ended up with 4 cups with the two zuccs,so I will just dbl the recipe.

2nd-you want to remove as much moisture out of the grated zucc's.You could place in a collander for a couple of hours and let drain.I fold the grated zucchini in paper towels and squeeze together,I do this several times.ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO GET AS MUCH MOISTURE OUT AS YOU CAN
3rd-Once drained mix all your ingredients and zucchini in a bowl add beaten eggs.I used my hands to mix everything
4th -get a tablespoon or two of the mixture out and roll it into some what of a ball place in hot oil in frying pan and brown on both sides,while browning I just flatened them out a bit.They cook quick
And the finished product,now that's a plate full of goodness.I grew up in the mountains of Virginia but I have been here in the flat land for 30 yrs and coming from the mtns,I never had salt fish for breakfast or chesepeake bay blue crabs but I took a liking to the local food around here and love a good cold beer and a crab pick'n and these poorman's crabcakes fit right in with the style of food from this area.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is great. I can't wait to try these!!

    Http://www.urbanfarmwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, these look delicious! I want to be a poor man, LOL

    ReplyDelete